The Creda Legacy
Established in the UK in 1919, Creda has played an integral role in both British households and global culture throughout its storied history. From manufacturing washing machines, tumble dryers, cookers, ovens, and hobs,
Creda once held an impressive 40% share of the English electrical consumer goods market.
Over the decades, Creda has witnessed numerous transformations, yet it has steadfastly adhered
to its core values and the philosophy of delivering innovative, high-quality products.
The company was registered in 1919 by Tube Investments
which was a public company.
TI created a single organisation to be responsible for manufacturing
it's electrical products including Creda and Simplex products.
Simplex Conduits merged with Credenda Conduits and began manufacturing Creda cookers.
Blythe Bridge site was used in the 2nd world war to manufacture Blenheim bombers
but was then used by Creda after the war to manufacture Cookers, Spin Dryers,
Washing Machines, and Storage Heaters.
Blythe Bridge HQ
Blythe Bridge was used as the HQ for Creda Ltd and the major manufacturing plant making Cookers, Spin Dryers, Washing Machines and Storage Heaters.
At it’s peak Creda employed over 2000 people at Blythe Bridge manufacturing one million units per year
TI acquired Russell Hobbs who needed capital and the business was integrated into Creda Ltd. William Russell became Technical Director of Creda.
Over 250,000 Employees
TI sold Creda Ltd to GEC who where Britain’s largest private employer in the 1980’s
with over 250,000 employees.
GEC also acquired Hotpoint Ltd and formed General Domestic Appliances (GDA Ltd.) which included the Creda and Hotpoint brands and UK manufacturing plants
in Blythe Bridge (Cooking/Storage heaters), Yate (Tumble & Spin Dryers),
Peterborough (Refrigeration) and Kimmel Park (Washing Machines).
Creda Returns Home
Creda is established back in it’s homeland with Creda’s first NDC opening
in Stoke on Trent just 10km from its original home in Blythe Bridge.